It is always recommended by High Country Travel & Tours to purchase Travel Insurance. Whether you are at home or on vacation, life happens – and that can affect your travel plans. You or your child may get sick and need to cancel your trip. The airlines may lose your luggage. You may miss your flight connection and lose days in your destination. What if you get into a car accident and need medical attention – from physicians who don’t speak English?
A good travel insurance plan provides coverage for all of these situations and more – any time you go 100+ miles from home.
You saved for months for your upcoming trip. What happens if you suddenly can’t go? Many travel suppliers, including hotels and airlines, will not give you a full refund if you cancel your trip. Travel Insurance can protect you from losses that may occur when you have to cancel a trip, experience travel delays, or must return home early for a covered reason.
Here is a list of some of the covered reasons for trip cancellation (NOTE: These may vary depending on the insurance provider.):
· Sickness, injury and death of you, your travel companion, your destination host, or your family
· Jury duty, subpoenaed, etc.
· Destruction of primary residence
· Traffic accident while in route to your destination
· Terrorist attack in your destination
· Revocation of military leave
· Worker’s strike
· Weather events
· Bankruptcy of your travel supplier
· Being terminated or laid off from a job
· Natural disaster
· You discover you’re pregnant
· A family member is giving birth
· The school year is unexpectedly extended